Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rice Crisis

Have you heard or read the news? So devastating especially in Asia...Asian country stop exporting their rice, afraid about the rice shortage might happen. You know how important rice in every meal, in Philippines there should be rice in every meal from breakfast, lunch to dinner. They said that prices are getting high also, i have my families, my relatives and friends in the Philippines and i'm worried about this cause they were more affected by the crisis. Especially now it's summer in there and my mother said that the weather is so hot, just hope and pray that there is no drought happened cause there are still alot of people have rice field in there and fields needs water.
I just remember my grandfather he used to have a rice field before but that was long time ago. He is a very hard working farmer, he owns a wide acres of land. He planted vegetables and fruits, coconuts, bananas, corn and rice. But unfortunately he lost his sight and only couple of his kids continue doing on his farm cause most of them had their own job. That was so long time ago and my father said that they barely buy foods and they raised animals at that time too. Now, not much left... Both of my grandparents are gone and most of their kids are gone. It's a simple life not so complicated and alot different of what is it now.

No comments: