Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Tuna for Lunch

We bought a nice looking fresh tuna at Asian Market last Monday. It's been awhile that i,ve ate fish on my own cooking. When i was in the Philippines i am on seafood's and vegetables diet and when i got here i am on mostly meat. I mean there are a lot of seafood's and vegetables if i just go to an Asian store but i don't know there seems to be different in flavors as what i've used to and my husband loves meat so i am cooking whats everybody could eat. Anyways, we got fried tuna for lunch today, my husband eat fish sometimes and it's been awhile i just hope my daughter will eat it too. Tuna is one of my favorite fish and sometimes in the Philippines if we can bought a fresh one we ate it raw like just cook it in the vinegar, put a little salt to taste, add onions, ginger,tomato and tiny hot chilly and it's good to go. Gosh, i missed that food. Have you heard the news that 2 competitors of a sushi restaurant in Japan shared the 100,00 bluefin tuna at the fish auction? That's one expensive tuna, well..that's one thing too cause tuna here in the US are getting more expensive than meat. I just remember the days... my mother side of the family are mostly fisherman. My grandpa is a fisherman and that's basically how he raised his family. They sells fish whenever they caught a lot and of course free foods on the table. That is all i knew on their source of income, he's a great grandpa and he raised his kids very well. Most of my uncles were fisherman too and some were mechanics of the huge fishing boat and they're doing good on what they are doing and sometimes if they caught a lot they gives as fresh caught fish.Hhhmmm thoe were the days......

No comments: